Checking that your goods are authorized for shipment
Before shipping, you must ensure that the contents of your shipment do not fall within the categories of goods prohibited by Boxtal or the carrier you have chosen.
Constraints may also exist depending on the country of dispatch/destination.
Goods prohibited by Boxtal
All categories listed below are prohibited by Boxtal.
Dangerous goods as defined by the United Nations Economic and Social Council:
- Flammable liquids.
- Flammable solid; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances which, on contact with water, emit flammable gases.
- Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides.
- Toxic and infectious substances.
- Radioactive material.
- Corrosive substances.
- Miscellaneous dangerous substances and articles, including environmentally hazardous substances.
Notable exception: Lithium batteries alone or packaged simply with the equipment cannot be accepted in international mail. They may, however, be accepted when installed in electronic equipment, if the packages do not contain more than four or more lithium batteries.
Goods prohibited for postal transport
- Narcotics and psychotropic substances as defined by the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), or other illicit drugs prohibited in the country of destination.
- Obscene or immoral objects.
- Counterfeit and pirated items.
- Objects which, by their nature or their packaging, may present a danger to officials or the general public, soil or damage other items, postal equipment or property belonging to third parties.
- Documents having the character of current and personal correspondence exchanged between persons other than the sender and the addressee or persons living with them.
Heavily regulated, valuable or fragile goods
- Live animals.
- Coins, banknotes and other valuables.
- Fresh and perishable products, chilled or frozen.
- Plants, flowers, seeds.
- Pharmacy, medicines.
- Jewellery and precious objects.
- Motorcycles, scooters.
- Household appliances.
- Listed objects or paintings, collectibles, mirrors and glass.
Goods prohibited by carriers
You can refer to the corresponding carrier's article.
Prohibited goods according to the country of dispatch/destination
Restrictions may also apply to the country of destination. You should check the information provided by the customs of the country of destination.