Understanding the pro forma invoicePrerequisite
The pro forma invoice must be attached to your shipment if you're shipping goods not intended for sale (gifts, samples, ...) from the European Union to a country outside the European Union.
It is a purely informative document with no accounting or legal value. It must be written in English (and French if possible) and must contain all the details of the transaction:
- Name, address of the seller.
- Name, address of the buyer.
- Date of issue of the invoice (shipping date).
- List and description of goods.
- Quantity of goods.
- Unit value of exported goods.
- Total value of exported goods.
- Means of transport and delivery conditions in accordance with the applicable Incoterm.
The mention “Pro forma” must clearly appear.
It must be attached in 2 copies to your shipment.