Understanding the commercial invoicePrerequisite
The commercial invoice must be attached to your shipment if you're shipping goods intended for sale from the European Union to a country outside the European Union.
This is an accounting document which must be written in English (+ French if possible) and which must contain all the details of the transaction:
- Name, address of the seller as well as its SIRET (if based in France), its intra-community VAT number and its EORI.
- Name, address of the buyer.
- Date of issue of the commercial invoice.
- Invoice number.
- List and description of goods (detailed description, HS code, country of origin).
- Quantity of goods.
- Unit value of exported goods.
- Total value of exported goods.
- Currency and terms of payment.
- Means of transport and delivery conditions in accordance with the applicable Incoterm.
It must be attached in 2 copies to your shipment.