Understanding CN22/CN23 labelsPrerequisite
The CN22 or CN23 labels must be attached to your shipment as part of a shipment from the European Union to a country outside the European Union or french overseas departments/regions, whether your shipment is for commercial purposes or not, whether you are a professional or a private individual.
The CN22 concerns "small parcels" of value less than or equal to 380€.
It contains the following information:
- Nature of the shipment (gift, commercial sample, documents, return of goods, sale of goods, other).
- Detailed description of the content, written in English or French or in another language accepted by the country of destination.
- Quantity of items.
- Unit weight of the articles.
- Total weight. The total weight is the gross weight of the shipment, including the weight of the packaging.
- Value, specifying the currency used.
- 6-digit HS code.
- Country of origin. The country of origin is the country of origin of the goods (country of production, manufacture or assembly), and not necessarily the country where the goods are dispatched from.
The label is to be stuck (only 1 copy) on the package.
The CN23 declaration concerns postal items with a value greater than 380€ (205€ if the item is sent between mainland France and the French overseas departments/regions -Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyana, Mayotte, Réunion). If the value is greater than 1000€, the CN23 will not suffice, it will also be necessary to make a customs declaration with the help of the carrier.
Compared to the CN22, the CN23 contains a few additional fields (contact details of the sender and the recipient, ...).
The CN23 must be drawn up in French, in English, or in a language accepted in the country of destination and attached to the outside of the package in 4 copies.
How to proceed?
This obligation actually concerns only postal carriers, as express carriers manage customs clearance themselves with their own procedures.
If you use Boxtal, your CN22/CN23 label will be automatically generated if your shipment requires it.